Sunday, April 26, 2020

April 26--The ABC Countdown Begins!




Image result for shout out


Kudos to the Preschool teachers - Amanda, Mary, and Tyler - for singing and moving through "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" and "Pat-a-Cake" on this week's videos for their classes.  I know we are all stepping out of our element with these weekly videos, but full body dancing on camera was a HUGE leap this week and they all rocked it!  We know that the kids will LOVE having this video to get up and move to, just like we do at circle time!  Thank you team for all that you are doing with SeeSaw, videos, and parent/family relationships!
-From Michelle Magness 

Kudos to Gena Kvist for sharing your Knowledge/skills  to demo Jamboard during our Lotus Team meeting on Monday! Your demo sparked many ideas about how we can do elearning better and Thank you for showing real lesson applications for this tool! 
-From Lynn Smolen

Thank you so much to Cathy Jawnyj for always being available to help with any situation. I really appreciate you going out of your way to support me and our students!
-From Michelle Serini

Thank you to Mike for helping me set up Traversa so they can remotely access my computer!
and
I know Administrative Assistants Day has come and gone but I think they all
deserve another THANK YOU!!!!  Another show of - D114 All In - how these gals work together!
-From Andrea DeMatteo

To Amanda Lorenz for making Friday a MUCH needed HAT DAY!  
-From Theresa Kovach

Kudos to Stephanie Silverman and Lisa Werner for teaming up to provide a student services live together to make things more more doable for a busy family!! 
-From Tiffany Tardio

Thank you to the amazing Becky Vedder for making this e-learning manageable.  You do such a great job of making the expectations clear and Daven and I have really grown to enjoy the e-learning time together.  
and
Thank you Michelle Magness for your sweet text telling me I did great on my read aloud video.  12 takes later and overwhelming discomfort, I sent it Heather.  Thanks for making me feel good!  You are the best! 
-From Rachel Lundberg

Kudos to all the Lotus teachers for allowing specials teachers to join weekly meetings to connect with the kiddos. My cheeks hurt when I get done visiting. 
and
Kudos to Molly Goodsite for reaching and out connecting with me and making sure I am in the know with what's happening. 
and
I am so blessed to have amazing coworkers that have become friends. Many laughs, talks, pick me ups, and just supporting each other 110%. I am so thankful to work with you. Thank you for making a job not feel like a job.
-From Victoria Miller

To Karen Brnot for sharing her love and enthusiasm for Science with me.  I think we make a great team. 
and
To my 8th grade team--They are the best co workers to have especially during these crazy times.  They are always there to find the bright side and make me laugh.  
and
To Liz Andersen for being the best Co-leader for student Council. I had a blast collaborating with her. I can’t wait for what next year will bring.
-From Laura Livesay

Thank you Mike for being available to help with tech support at anytime of the day!! My most struggling student is getting on our live meetings because of him!!!  
and
Thank you to Mollie H for covering show and tell when I was unable to leave an IEP meeting to keep the structure for our kiddos!!
-From Sherry Tietjen

Thank you to the great special ed. teachers I work with for being so helpful during this crazy time communicating with me, sharing ideas, sending reminders, and cheering on our students. A big thanks to Gena , Lauren, Brittany, Becca, Chris, Sherry, Colleen, Kate, Lisa, Megan, and Mandy. 
-From Lisa Werner

Anyone can give a SHOUT OUT to anyone, so please send those positive notes to me and I'll publish each Monday! 


 How can we stay connected with our students and each other? 
Challenge--Email or call one student OR parent this week to tell them specifically what you like about the student. I will be calling a 2nd grader and a 3rd grader that I got to have lunch with weekly before all this...miss them very, very much!

Who will you reach out to?

ABC Countdown


Image result for updates


REMOTE LEARNING UPDATE

I know Jeff shared this link with Stanton, and I loved it, too. Great quick read on feedback from my buddy (and middle school teacher) Bill Ferriter. 



AND---to our Paras...The book study continues, and I am so grateful to everyone reading the book and doing the work. As I shared, there will be SWAT team opportunities coming for direct connections with this, but please continue learning together through the book! 

I loved this comment in this week's posts:
"Just by looking around how many of us help and don’t judge our students with the help that they need.  If the first try doesn’t help then I see other solutions to get the right solution for that student."




COVID-19 UPDATE--Repeat Information
All superintendents have been asked by the Lake County Health Department to make sure the following are in place for all staff who come onsite:


  • No one can come to work who is sick and/or has a temperature at or above 100.4.
  • Staff must take their temperatures at home. 
  • If you don't have a thermometer at home, let the administrator on site know and we'll take your temperature for you.
  • All staff should wear gloves when handling materials at Grab and Go that will be given to families. 

Remember...what I want to see is as FEW people on site as possible to keep everyone safe

For all others, please stay home until/unless there's something you can't do/absolutely need in order to continue supporting student learning. Thanks to those of you who have volunteered time so far and who signed up on the Volunteer Log to help with essential tasks...we still need help, so be sure to check it out if you are able!

If you positively need to come in, please notify Jeff/Matt to make a plan to do so. 💗


The 2020-2024 Contract was approved by our membership and the Board, and was signed by both parties at the BOE Meeting last Tuesday, 4/21. Thanks again to everyone who was a part of negotiations! 

The EAFL Executive Board will be meeting later this week. Please let us know if you have any concerns that you would like us to discuss. 

Don't forget to check-out the IEA Membership Center online. From here you can access your benefits, professional development, and lots of other great resources.!



Melissa Jakstas, President
Maureen DeVoss, Vice President for Certified Staff
Chris Brown, Vice President for Non-Certified Staff
Katy Gardner, Treasurer
Betty Cwiak, Secretary
Cathy Jawnyj, Region Representative
Kendra Smeigh, Stanton School Representative
Tiffany Tardio Weber, Lotus School Representative


Image result for self care

We hope everyone enjoyed participating in the 2-week step challenge!




You can earn up to 10 tickets ... one for every item you declutter! Here is a link of some great ways to declutter: 75 Things to Declutter

At the end of the challenge, "Make a Copy" of the challenge, add your name to your raffle tickets, and share with Melissa Jakstas by Friday, May 1st. 

Look for details on a meditation challenge coming in May!


D114 Friday Facts--Blog sent to all families each Friday--let me know if you ever have something you'd like added. Thanks to Sue Pinkawa and Jill Becmer for helping me with this each week!

*check here for documents most frequently used/requested
Please let Heather know of suggestions for any documents to add to this
folder!



Blue Cross Blue Shield:

SEL Pacing Guides
Stanton:


Image result for mark your calendar
May 19--Board of Education Meeting at 5:00 PM at Lotus





Thank you so much for all you are doing!
Heather