Saturday, January 7, 2023

Monday Morning Memo 1/9/23--HAPPY 2023 AND WELCOME BACK!!!!

  


OR    


As has been our tradition, I'm inviting anyone who has picked an inspirational word for 2023 to share it! My friend Tina inspired me to add a different take on this for us to consider...and that is--what's a word to describe how you want to FEEL this year? I think both interpretations are cool, so if you have a word/feel, please share it with me, and I'll make a document to capture all the amazingness out there!

My word for 2023 is BELIEVE...again! I have lots of reasons for selecting this word again. My mind often gets in my own way, so BELIEVING is a way to "outsmart" myself. I'm also in the middle of writing my own solo book (working title: Believing from the Inside Out), and I've set a goal to finish it this year. 

So...what's your word/aspiration for how you feel? I can't WAIT to learn!!!!







For all those who do Medicaid billing, this is your reminder to do it! We need you to please stay on top of this!!! THANK YOU!!!! 😁

If you have no idea what this means...you don't have to do it! YAY!!!!






I would like to give a HUGE kudos to Amanda Lorenz. On our last day before break, I was asked to sub, and she offered to fill in for me so I could spend the day with the 4th graders and my team. Everyone was so happy that I got to stay and celebrate with them. Thank you so very much.  😉
-From Gina Crosthwaite (Paraprofessional at Lotus)

To Norm, Don, and Cari for all their hard work over break.  
-From Jeff Sefcik (Stanton Principal)


To the Lotus staff for your super kind and generous holiday gift. We LOVE Cooper's Hawk, and I truly appreciate you all thinking of me. 
and
To everyone who worked at the schools over break. Your attention to making sure all things are running and even better than before is so appreciated by all of us. 
-From Heather 😘


Please send me your kudos for colleagues each week! I'll happily post them in this section!


Here's a link to all the ideas gathered for the HOW and WHY of the Friz 5...I'll keep adding as great ideas come forward. 

Found this article that totally goes along with our work! Check it out!!!  









Info you've seen before but still important! :)


Great Opportunity!   
Please see below for a great learning opportunity, provided by an amazing, former D114 teacher!








Thanks to everyone for your feedback! Erica and Stephanie are sending out Lotus- and Stanton-specific supports, but I'll also post the link to a folder containing them all here so they are easy to find, everyone can see everything, and you're reminded to check them out! 






We hope that everyone has had a wonderful and restful break! Here's to an amazing second semester ahead!

Have you checked out the IEA/NEA deals that are available to you? Whether you are looking to travel, join a gym, update your Sam's club membership or just want to save a little money on take out....check out the Discounts and Deals available to IEA/NEA members: Deals and Discounts

Don't forget to join us at the Board of Education Meeting on January 17th in the Lotus Library.  This is a great opportunity to get to know what is going on in the district.

Ideas for starting a community partnership or school project?  Look into applying for a SCORE Grant for your project or idea!  Score Grant information The grant is good for up to $1000! 




Eat Out 2 Help Out-Antioch Pizza
D114 Presents: Battle of the Grades @
Antioch Pizza -Fox Lake: Eat Out 2 Help Out Event
 
When: Wednesday, Jan 11th, 2023 
Time: 10:30 am-9 pm (dine-in, pick-up, drive-thru, or delivery)
Where: Antioch Pizza-Fox Lake
 
*Please mention the event AND the grade level at the time of purchase in order for the PTA to receive credit as well as the grade level. 
 
The Grade with the most sales will receive a pizza party!! 
 
See attached flyer for more details.

File attachments:
Battle of the Grades - fox lake school dist PTA 1.11.2023 (3).pdf


Please join us for January's PTA Meeting
When: Thursday, January 12th, 2023
Time: 6:30 pm 
Where: Lotus School in STEM Rm 222
 
Can't make it in person? 
We also will be providing a virtual option to listen in. You will not be able to vote virtually. 
Click the link below to be admitted into the virtual meeting. (*you will need a Gmail account)


Monday, January 16--No School--Dr Martin Luther King, Jr. Day

Tuesday, January 17--Board of Education Meeting at 7:0 PM at  Lotus or via Google Meet








PBIS World--This site is awesome for identifying strategies to use to support challenging behaviors! 


Link to D114 Business Office Share Folder

*check here for documents most frequently used/requested

Please let Heather know of suggestions for any documents to add to this

folder!


D114 Family Update

Work Order Request


Technology Support Request




I'm sharing this with our families this week, so I wanted to make sure you see it, too. Attendance matters SO much! And I know that when our students miss a day, they miss A LOT of learning and TLC with you!!!




Cheers to an amazing 2023!!!!

-Heather 💝